The legal basis and purposes of data collection
The data are necessary for SSS to provide high quality services, to secure your participation in our events, to ensure your safety while staying at the sports centres of SSS and to satisfy the mandatory requirements of European Union law and the legislation of the Republic of Latvia. Certain data may also be collected on the basis of your consent and the legitimate interests of SSS for the following purposes:
- to process your applications for participation in the events;to process your applications for participation in the events;
- to create your customer profile and allow the purchase of a membership, gift card or a season pass;
- to enter into an equipment rental agreement;
- to provide answers to any of your requests for information and to ensure effective communication;
- to record your achievements in the events organized by SSS;
- to announce and reward the prize winners;
- to organize and advertise the events;
- to promote brand awareness of the company and the sports centres;
- to send you health and safety recommendations and other information that pertains to any event that you participate in;
- to inform you about events, activities, publications and services that might be of interest to you;
- for statistical purposes: to analyse the metrics that aid in the planning of SSS services and events;
- to explore opinions, evaluations, survey results and feedback, to promote the development and awareness of services and events;
- to showcase the events in accordance with the section “Images” below.
What type of information do we collect about you?
- identification data (name, surname); identification data (name, surname);
- contact information (telephone number and e-mail address);
- gender and date of birth;
- educational institutions and sports clubs that you have attended;
- images (photos and video material) of your participation in the events organized by SSS;
- information about discounts that apply to you;
- financial information (in case of invoicing).
Images and voice
You are aware that the events organized by SSS are public events, and that they may be broadcasted on television, recorded on video or other format and photographed. All of these actions may capture your participation in any of the events. By participating in an event, you agree to transfer full rights to use such photos and recordings for any reasonable purpose to us, including, but not only for publication, content deployment, selling and distribution in films, television, print media, the Internet, publicity materials or any other new media (for the sake of clarity – also in the future).
SSS has a legitimate interest in showcasing the services and events taking place in the SSS sports centres, as well as the events in which SSS participates, in mass media and social networks, thus ensuring visibility of SSS brands. By choosing to publish some information, SSS always applies the highest standards of ethics, thus trying to ensure that the rights and freedoms of the data subjects are not breached with the publications. At the same time, we are aware that not all the facts and circumstances may be known to SSS, thus, in order to ensure fair processing of the data, you can contact us to oppose the processing of specific data.
If you register a child (i.e., a person younger than 18) for any of the events organized by SSS, we will process the data about the child and their parent/other legal representative.
Who can access the information, and to whom is it disclosed?
Taking into consideration the services you need, we can transfer your data to natural and legal persons (data controllers) to perform certain activities on behalf of SSS (for instance, race tracking and processing of competition results) or to account for the funds received (for instance, to the Sigulda Municipality Council which grants funding for the competition or supports students of general education institutions participating in cross-country skiing and swimming activities during physical education lessons).
SSS reserves the right to transfer your data to third parties when it is necessary for the organization of the service or event or when it is required by law, including, but not only:
- to an insurance company in the event of a civil liability case, if a claim is made against SSS;
- to a sworn advocate office who provides SSS with legal assistance in defence of our interests
- to law enforcement authorities in the cases specified by law.
SSS undertakes not to transfer your data to third persons for marketing purposes, unless you have agreed to it.
The companies that SSS has chosen as data controllers in the digital environment (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc.) operate outside of the European Union and are not members of the European Economic Area; therefore, SSS invites you to review their privacy policies or to address SSS individually with a request to provide additional information on the terms of cooperation.
Your data will be stored on secure servers in the European Economic Area, using all available reasonable technological and organisational measures to protect against unauthorized access. Whenever possible, any identifiable data will be encrypted or minimized.
SSS provides, continually reviews and improves the personal data protection measures to protect the personal data of natural persons from unauthorized access, accidental loss, disclosure, or destruction. To ensure that, SSS complies with the relevant technical and organisational requirements.
SSS carefully reviews all service providers that process the personal data of natural persons in the name of and on behalf of SSS and evaluates whether the cooperation partners (controllers of personal data) use appropriate safety measures to process the personal data of natural persons in accordance with our delegation and the legislative requirements.
SSS will only store your data for as long as it is necessary to:
- provide you with high-quality services and ensure the success of the events organized by us; provide you with high-quality services and ensure the success of the events organized by us;
- protect their interests in case of complaints and claims that may be made against SSS;
- meet the legislative requirements of the European Union and of the Republic of Latvia.
Typically, SSS will store your data for 1 (one) year after your last visit to the SSS sports centres in the case of provision of services, and for 3 (three) years after the event in case of participation in an event (for instance, the results of a sports competition, so you could keep track of your progress over the years).
In case of a personal data security incident, if this were to present a sufficiently high risk to the rights and freedoms of the data subject, SSC will notify the data subject concerned, if that proves possible, or will publish this information on the SSS website www.siguldassports.lv, on social networks or otherwise, for instance, by using mass media.
Data access and rectification of data
You have the right to request the information about yourself that is at the disposal of SSC, that is, to use the data subject’s access rights, as long as the law allows us to provide such information in the specific case (for instance, SSS cannot provide you with information about the relevant state institutions who initiate criminal proceedings, the bodies performing operational activities or other institutions whose data cannot be disclosed under the law).
Likewise, you have the right to request that we rectify and supplement the data available to SSS that might be inaccurate or that might have changed since you transferred them to SSS, and you have the right to request the erasure of your data. Such requests will be processed free of charge, and they can be submitted to the Sigulda Sports Centre, on Ata Kronvalda Street 7A, in Sigulda, Sigulda Municipality, LV-2150, or sent to the e-mail address: email@example.com
Objections to the use of data
You may require that we restrict the ways in which we use your data or object to certain types of processing. You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before its withdrawal. The data processing that is based on other legal grounds, for instance, on the legitimate interests of SSS and third parties, shall not be stopped if the consent is withdrawn.
Any information requests or questions about the way we use your data can be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request that SSS transfer your personal data, which you have provided to us, to another data controller in accordance with your needs.
The right to file a complaint
If you want to file a complaint about SSS’s handling of the data processing, you can contact SSS and request that the case be examined by presenting the complaint in written form to Sigulda Sports Centre on Ata Kronvalda Street 7A, in Sigulda, Sigulda Municipality, LV-2150, or by sending it to the e-mail address email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the response of SSS or if you believe that SSS processes the personal data contrary to law, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority - the Data State Inspectorate. Further information can be found on the website www.dvi.gov.lv.